TO PURCHASE THIS WORKSHOP PLEASE REGISTER HERE:
"IT'S IMPORTANT TO KNOW HOW TO 'SEE', NOT JUST 'LOOK'. BEAUTY LIES EVERYWHERE HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT, ESPECIALLY IN THOSE SIMPLE EVERYDAY MOMENTS WE TAKE FOR GRANTED."“The concept of “Home Away From Home” is so that you are able to capture those moments that are key to you, the things you love, the moments that speak to you, the environment that makes you feel calm or happy, and being able to visually tell that story whether it is for personal reasons or for your business. Not all of our senses can be physically present through a photograph, it is up to us to capture those moments through storytelling. The smoke of a crackling fire, the smell it emits, the sound we hear that soothes us, the heat it gives off... of course we can see all of this, but how do we capture all those senses in a single photograph?””Who is this workshop for?
- For anyone. Perhaps you haven't picked up a camera before but would like to learn, or maybe you are a pro wanting to learn how to view the world in a different way. Film and Digital camera's welcome.
- For those that want to improve their photography for their own personal portfolio's, website, Instagram, or just want to meet other like-minded people and have some nice relaxing time to re-ignite their creative side.
- Especially beneficial for florists who want to improve photography of their work.
- Flower / foliage lovers
- Anyone wanting to learn how to edit their images.
- People who are unsure of their style and want to refine it.Included in this workshop:
- Nibbles and a home-cooked lunch by my amazing friend and cook Zoe of The Hearty Bento will be included - I mean food is number one in my books so I thought I'd mention it first!
- How to use your camera in manual setting - ISO, f-stop, shutter speed
- How I use my camera and decide what I want to photograph
- How to compose your images
- Understanding the importance of getting it right in-camera rather than relying on post-processing
- What I mean by "shooting digital like film"
- How to look for the light and understand colour composition
- We will photograph a mini styled shoot as well as our surroundings to help you better understand the difference between having control over your subject matter and photographing what is already available to us in our surrounding and environment.
- You will get to photograph some beautiful foliage and flowers but also take them home with you at the end of the day! :)
- How to edit in Lightroom
- As I am limiting this class to five people only, you will have time to chat to me one-to-one with any questions you may have. You will leave with a better understand of how to use these skills in day-to-day life.
When: October 8th 2016, 10am-4pm
Where: At my London Studio
Cancellation Policy: Refunds are not possible, however if you are unable to make it you are able to transfer your booking to another workshop date of the same price or under some circumstances arrange a one-to-one of the same value at any given time.